There are six types of operators:
- Mathematical – Mathematical operators perform mathematical calculations on two values.
- Assignment – Assignment operators assign new values to variables.
- Comparison – Comparison operators are used to compare two values, two variable, etc.
- Logical – Logical operators compare two conditional statements, determin if the result is true, and proceed accordingly.
- Bitwise – Bitwise operators operate at the bit level.
- Special – Special operators perform special functions.